CBC with differential is ordered for following reasons:
– Looking for Anemia with low hemoglobin and hematocrit.
– Looking for Infection with elevated white blood cell count.
– Determine risk of bleeding by looking at platelet count.
– Monitoring medication toxicity by following Blood counts.
– Investigation of possible blood diseases by looking at actual blood cells.
– Looking for possible Allergic reaction by looking at eosinophil count.
– Looking for possible Vitamin B12 deficiency or Folic acid deficiency with elevated MCV.
– Looking for possible Iron deficiency with Low MCV.